L.E.S.L. 2021 Winter Skeet League Rules & Information
Shooting starts January 5th, 2021
- All shooters must be current members of L.E.S.L.
- A $10.00 trophy fee will be paid by each shooter at the start of the league.
All trophy money collected will be paid out at the conclusion of the league. We will pay: top gun, most improved shooter, and top 3 teams.
- A target fee of $8.00 will be charged for birds (50 targets)
- Ammunition: gauges up to 12 may be used, only 8 & 9 shot (9 shot is recommended) 3 dram or equivalent. Hand loads or factory shells
(shells are available for sale at the club)
- 8-15 Five man teams will make up the winter league. We will shoot each team 1 time (on paper).
- Shooting will be every Tuesday night until conclusion of the league regardless of the weather.
- Shooting hours will be 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. (it may be possible to shoot a little earlier depending when the manager is set-up)
All shooters must be signed up by 9:00 p.m.
- Teams do not have to shoot together as squads. Squads should not shoot more than 5 shooters per squad. All shooters are responsible for counting & recording their scores.
- Food & beverages are available for sale, you are also welcome to bring your own. (We hope to have some game cook-outs during the league)
- Sign-up and shooting order of squads will be determined on a first come first served basis. Each squad will shoot both rounds back to back.
You will shoot all 50 targets on the same field as fields become available. There will be no set rotation for field preference.
- Each squad is responsible for filling both houses when finished shooting. Be aware of shooters on other fields. SAEFTY FIFST!
When filling houses make sure birds are not sticking together
(twist them while gently placing them in the turret)
Do not overfill the turret. If there is a problem with the trap don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing. Let the managers know.
- Rankings, handicaps, scores, schedules, & standings will be posted weekly.
- Practice rounds will be at the discretion of the manager. League shooters have preference.
- To speed up shooting, shooters are ask to load 2 shells at all singles station except station 8 . At station 8, 1 shell should be loaded all
shooters shoot the high house and than load 1 shell and all shooters shoot the low house. Try to complete the round as efficiently as possible so we
all can finish by 10:00 p.m.
- Try to pick up all shell casings. Please clean-up after yourself (cans, boxes, plates etc,)
- There will be no make-ups You will be permitted to shoot ahead 1 week two (2) times during the league if you want to, however,
if you do, you will be taken out of the running for top gun and most improved shooter. If you miss you will not be charged
your target fee. Two (2) targets will be subtracted from your average per round of (25) to establish a score.
- Please re-shoot all broken targets
- NSSA rules will be enforced
- High Gun tie will be decided by a 25 bird shoot-off, final team standing if there is a tie it will be decided by how you shot each other head to head
This league is for fun. We will undoubtedly run into some problems ie; weather, trap machines breaking, having
to wait to shoot, scoring problems, etc. We ask that you be patient. We are always open to suggestions to make this league a success.
Thanks, good luck, and especially have fun!
Return to Lake Edinboro Sportsman Club Home Page